A girl from church commented on my "Crazy Women" blog entry. In her comment she mentioned Romans 4 a passage I am quite familiar with. I decided to read it in The Message Bible and fell in love with the wording. All of a sudden it made so much more sense. Thanks, Kimbrulee!
Romans 4:16-25
16 This is why the fulfillment of God's promise depends entirely on trusting God and his way, and then simply embracing him and what he does. God's promise arrives as pure gift. That's the only way everyone can be sure to get in on it, those who keep the religious traditions and those who have never heard of them. For Abraham is father of us all. He is not our racial father—that's reading the story backward. He is our faith father.
17-18 We call Abraham "father" not because he got God's attention by living like a saint, but because God made something out of Abraham when he was a nobody. Isn't that what we've always read in Scripture, God saying to Abraham, "I set you up as father of many peoples"? Abraham was first named "father" and then became a father because he dared to trust God to do what only God could do: raise the dead to life, with a word make something out of nothing. When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw he couldn't do but on what God said he would do. And so he was made father of a multitude of peoples. God himself said to him, "You're going to have a big family, Abraham!"
19-25 Abraham didn't focus on his own impotence and say, "It's hopeless. This hundred-year-old body could never father a child." Nor did he survey Sarah's decades of infertility and give up. He didn't tiptoe around God's promise asking cautiously skeptical questions. He plunged into the promise and came up strong, ready for God, sure that God would make good on what he had said. That's why it is said, "Abraham was declared fit before God by trusting God to set him right." But it's not just Abraham; it's also us! The same thing gets said about us when we embrace and believe the One who brought Jesus to life when the conditions were equally hopeless. The sacrificed Jesus made us fit for God, set us right with God.
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

1 comments:
I am so glad that His word was fresh and new when you read it again. Even though our circumstances look impossible to us and to those(including doctors) around us we serve the God of the impossible. I am reading a book called"I hope God's promises come to past before my body parts go south." and in it God told the author "Living in the possible is where most of My people live. You can stay there if you want to . But if you desire those things that you have seen by My Spirit, prophesied by My Spirit, and you desire to be a part of My End-TIme move, then you must come out of the possible and live where I am." "But I don't know where that is, Lord." "It is in the impossible. As long as you stay in the possible, YOU are lord. But if you are willing to step out here where I am, I am Lord of the impossible." We have been given a choice to live with the possible of what the doctors, people, society says or to live in the impossible! For us it is believing that God will call things that are not as though they are and call our sons heart healed(not by the doctors hands but by a touch from the GREAT PHYSICIAN). For you it is believing God to open your womb and bring life. We against all hope stand with our faith father Abraham and believe that those promises WILL come to pass. We need to hold onto what God's says. We have story after story in the bible about where God performed healing after healing and opened closed wombs. He wants the same thing for you and for me we just have to believe it and not let the devil steal it from us. I am praying for you as you walk this out. I pray that you will have strength and not grow weary until you see His promises fulfilled.
Believing in the impossible with you.
Kimberly
Post a Comment