Here is what I found on our walk yesterday morning, a blue crane. I have only seen them from a distance and didn't realize how tall and skinny they are. It was absolutely beautiful and allowed us to stand a gauk at it for a while. It flew away when Jazz decided it looked yummy.
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

2 comments:
Was it like 5 feet tall?? I think that's the bird that gave me a heart attack! I was sitting on the couch & Noah was asleep & there is a big sliding glass door & out of my periphial I thought I saw a group of people walking close to my house but when I looked it was 6 of these huge tall birds!! they were holding a meeting or something! haha!! My dog wanted to go outside but I thought that wasn't smart...hehe... they finally all flew off at once. I think they were waiting on the dauchsand that lives next door to come out! HA!
YES, they are huge! This one was probably 4 1/2 - 5 feet tall. That is so funny that there were a group of them having a "meeting" in your yard! :) Crack me up!
Post a Comment