I have never felt the need to take my shoes off when I enter my house. Todd and I have always walked around inside with our shoes on. I vacuum every couple of days and that has been sufficient.
HOWEVER, since we have moved into the park we have been tracking in ALOT of dirt. So, I am implementing a "Please Remove Your Shoes" policy. I vacuumed every square inch of our house and mopped twice to make sure the floor was good and clean.
Our keeping bench is in the entry way and is the perfect place for taking off our shoes and dumping our stuff. So far our new policy is working quite well and the dirt has decreased tremendously. I am very proud of Todd for cooperating... he wasn't too sure about walking around the house in his socks at first. He is kind-of a "shoe guy".
We have also started coming and going the backdoor (which is in the laundry room) when we go on walks with the dogs. All of the doggy stuff is stored in the laundry room (which is about to get a make-over, by the way). This makes dog walking convenient as we can grab the leashes on the way out the door and then brush off the dogs before they come back in. We leave our "dog walking shoes" in the laundry room for even more convenience.
This policy is taking more effort than I thought it would. It's amazing how quickly one fogets to take off their shoes! Any other "shoe-taker-offers" out there? Any tips?
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

1 comments:
All I can say is that it just gets to be a habbit to come in and take your shoes off! I hardly even think about. :)
Post a Comment