My extremely talented dad built me this bench last week! Didn't he do a great job? We keep it by the back door and use it to store our tennis shoes and the dogs bowls and leashes. The baskets hold misc. stuff that we need on our way out the door.
I just got finished painting and staining it. It was my "Todd is at work and I am bored" project! I got the hardware at Lowe's. The hooks, knob and hinges were on sale for $1.98 a piece! Man, I love a good deal! I am so proud of this bench and the fact that my dad made it for me. It will be in our family for a long time. THANKS, DAD!
I was hoping the picture of my hand would have turned out better. IRL (in real life) my hand is erring on the ethnic side! It has turned a black/brown color from the stain. I have scrubbed and scrubbed and nothing will clean it off. I am hoping it will come off in the shower tomorrow. If not, I will look really funny at church in the morning!
The next picture has nothing to do with the bench, but, our dogs are always so excited when people come over that I am afraid no one believes that ordinarily all they do is lay around. People always ask how we can have such big dogs inside the house. They really are very well behaved and are great protectors when Todd is at work. So just for the record, here is a pic of what our dogs NORMALLY do during the day.... when they are not outback of course! The funny thing is they like to be in the same room I am in. So, if I go into a different room, even for a minute, they will get up and follow me and then lay down in that room. Just to be there for a few seconds before getting up and following me to the next room. You would think after 4 years of following me around they would figure out that I am not going far and they can just stay put! NOPE, they like to be near their momma!
Ah, fur-babies are so much fun!
**Renegade and Jazz**

2 comments:
I'm so proud of you and your dad. The bench looks great. It is funny to see the puppies being still. They are full of boundless energy whenever we see them. Have a great Sunday.
Your bench is awesome! What fun that you and your dad got to create something together like that.
Fur-babies are fun! I love ours.
Post a Comment