WOW! What a frustrating week. (I say that as if "frustration" is something new to us) Last week we had an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Barnes reguarding our IUI. This was frustrating to me because we had already had a consultation with my doctor (Dr. Boyd) reguarding IUI. I had called and asked several times why I had to do this again, but no one could give me a direct answer. So, last Tuesday at 3:07 Todd and I showed up for our 3:05 appointment. After waiting 1 1/2 hours in the waiting room, I finally decided to ask what was up. They said Dr. Barnes was running 2 1/2 hours late. Which means we wouldn't see the doctor until 5:30. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ugh. I decided to see if I rescheduled how soon I could get in. I thought maybe they would feel badly for making me wait and perhaps see me the next day. (wishful thinking, I know) I decided while I was face-to-face with the scheduling lady I would ask her AGAIN why I needed this appointment to start with. While she was trying to figure it out, I saw Dr. Barnes in the hall. YOU GOT IT...I walked over and explained the situation. He looked at my like, "lady you are crazy!", but listened anyway! He seemed confused too and had NO idea why I would need another consultation. **Insert another "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?**
So, bottom line, the IUI is a go; I just have to call Dr. Boyd when I am ovulating.
Now on to frustration #2. My cycles have always been 32 days up until the miscarriage in March. Since then they have been a little.... wonky. Last month I went 56 days. ugh. I know I ovulated. I know there is nothing wrong, I just think I am all "off" for whatever the reason.
I was hoping this cycle would be different, but I am now on day 36. They took a PT @ the doctors office on day 31 and it was negative. I am going to test again in the morning before I begin taking the progesterone to induce a new cycle.
I have to take that for 10 days and should start a new cycle within a week of that. If all goes as planned we should be doing the IUI in mid-December and should have the results by the new year!
I would really like to ask for prayer this month. I am focusing on being calm and staying hopeful. I am refusing to live in the past but to look forward to the future. Now mind you this positive attitude is the one I have RIGHT NOW, but being a women it is prone to change frequently. That is where I need the prayer. I can't afford to lose this focus. If I do, I get stressed and that will not help my body make a baby.
I would also appreciate prayer for my hubby. Our prayer is that God will bless his seed and cause it to multiply our famil with MANY children!
I think that is all for now. You are probably thinking, "FINALLY", if you have taken the time to read this far! :) I will update tomorrow with the PT results and to confirm that I started the progesterone.
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

7 comments:
We are praying for you both!!!
i am already blessed by following your blog; to be able to read and pray with is a blessing too!
We're praying!
We are praying for you and Todd.
We're praying for you! Everything will go great.
The above message was actually from me. I accidently used Todd's user name. Anyway, we are both praying for you.
Are you seeing Wade Barnes? I used to see him, he is wonderful!
Post a Comment