Wednesday, November 26, 2008

IUI #4

I apologize for not posting sooner. I really want to document this journey and yet writing it down makes it seem so real. I tend to be much better at shoving it way down low somewhere and forgetting that is hurts. Anyway, I digress.

So after the last post I took a PT, which was negative and then popped a progesterone pill! I take it five days in a row and then usually start about a week after the last pill. Well, I guess God had things planned out a little differently because the day I took the second pill, I started! Weird.

I took the Clomid days 3-7. This is supposed to cause me to make several eggies when I ovulate...which will give us more targets when it comes time for the IUI. :) Now we just wait for ovulation. I will start taking OPK's over the weekend.

So on to the holidays. I am excited and dreading it all at the same time. Putting away the fall decorations and putting up the Christmas pretties makes me think back to last year. I was depressed last year. My Grandmother passed on Christmas Eve the year before and I just knew I was going to have a baby or be prego by the next Christmas. Obviously that didn't happen. On top of that, my brother and sister-in-law found out they were expecting and Todd's brother and sister-in-law just had their second. Although I was happy for them both, it was still a vivid reminder that Todd and I still didn't have our little miracle. "Well, by this time next year I just KNOW our miracle will be here", I said to myself.

Now, I lay here in bed and I am thinking, "It is 'this time next year' and still no miracle." *tears* Maybe it is the side effects from the Clomid making me emotional, or maybe it's just the power the keyboard has over my emotions. Somehow it draws them out to the surface. Either way I feel torn. I want to be thankful. I guess deep down I am thankful. I have learned so much through this process. And yet somehow (brace yourselves, this isn't very spiritual; call it a moment of weakness) I feel jipped. I feel neglected. I feel ignored.
I should point out my wording here. "FEEL" indictates emotions. Obviously mine are fragile. But deep down, really deep down, I know I am not defined by those emotions. I am defined by truth. The truth is, God settles the barren woman in her home and makes her the happy mother of children (Psalm 113:5,9). The truth is, God is holding me in the palm of His hand. He will finish this process that He has started. Amen.

So here I stand (or lay as the case may be) facing the beginning of "that" time of year. I will face it with my head high. I will use it as a reminder that God is not limited to "time". I will be thankful and not complain.
...but for now, I am just going to cry.

7 comments:

Ashlee Davis said...

sweet girl, I will be praying for you this season and through this process. You are so brave for writing/posting this but it is a journey and I know you are walking closer and closer to God everystep of the way! What a deep relationship you will have with him once it is your time to celebrate your miricle together with the creator of LIFE!! awesome! **sweet tears of hope and joy for YOU! and I am not even on IUIs; women!**

Marianne Elkins said...

Thank you for sharing so openly and honestly. I pray for you every time the Lord brings you to mind and I will continue to do just that. I can't begin to understand your pain, hurt, and frustration and I won't try. Just know you have a friend who is going before the throne of God on your behalf. Love you!

Strawberry Rose said...

I have felt the exact same way over other things. You know God loves you, but it still hurts. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1 God has wonderful things planned for you and Todd. We love y'all.

Tiffany said...

Cilla- Your testimony of faith in God is such a testimony to both believers and non-believers. I know God is going to use you in a great way to minister to other women going through a similar journey.

In the meantime, cry as much as you want. Look at Hannah, in the Bible, she grieved greatly before God gave her Samuel. God knows your heart and crying can be good therapy.

We are praying for you!

Gloria said...

You cry girl...cry away, but you know the rule. Feel the pain, be sad but put a time limit on it...you can't stay in the same funk for 3 weeks!

I was at a baby baptism yesterday. The mom asked if I wanted to hold the baby during praise and worship, of course I said absolutely. I held the little one and was singing and the tears started to well up! Holding that pressure baby, knowing my womb is empty...it was too much. I had to take myself out of worship mode and just look around because I was a visitor and didn't want all her family to look at me like a crazy lady falling apart in the middle of their church service!

Becca's Blog said...

Cill, I want you to know that you are very much on my heart and I pray for you all the time that God would bless you, open your womb that you can be fruitful! I love you girl and praying for your Christmas miracle!

-R

Holly said...

Where are you??? I miss your updates! Things are crazy here and will continue to be until after Chrsitmas, but I don't want that to stop you from coming to see my new house . .

What is the latest?????