Monday, July 21, 2008

OK, God. I hear you.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you are sitting in church and you feel like the sermon was directed straight at you? Well, that is how I felt this past Sunday morning. We had a guest speaker, Steve Robinson. He spoke on "The Process of a Dream". He talked about Sarah and Abraham and the dream God gave them of having a child.

His first point was:
1. God is the Dreamgiver.
-Todd and I are very aware that God has promised us children. He has clearly spoken that to us. Sometimes it is easy as humans to question if God has really spoken something or if we have just concocted it in our head. It was wonderful to be reminded this weekend of God's promise to us and that we should not doubt what He spoke.

His second point was:
2. Delays are ALWAYS inevitable.
-Sarah and Abraham had a hard time waiting. They decided to "help God along" and used Hagar as a serogat, which caused alot of trouble and turmoil for them.
You can find this story in Genesis 16:1-5.
Hebrews 6:12 says "We do not want you to become lazy. Be like those who though faith and patience WILL receive what God has promised them."
-This reminded me that I should not act like a child pitching a temper tantrum because I did not get what I wanted and when I wanted it. God has a plan for mine and Todd's family and right now that includes WAITING!

His third and final point was:
3. God's timing is perfect. Genesis 21:1-7 says that Sarah became pregnant "at the set time". God is not a God bound by time and space. What seems like forever to me is just a blink of an eye to Him. God has a "set time" for Todd and I to conceive. WOW! What a thought. It brings such peace to my heart to remember that God has everything under control.

This does not mean that it is not hard to wait. It does not mean that there will not be emotional turmoil in the wait. All it means is that there is purpose in the waiting and that God is sitting next to us (sometimes carrying us) throught the wait.

Thank you God, for the promise you have given. Have favor on us while we wait!
AMEN.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That was a very good word!

gagirl4Jesus said...

Praying for you and Todd that in the waiting you will experience His joy and peace. I'm so thankful that you were in church on Sunday. That was not a sermon by a visiting preacher dear Cilla, that was a message from the Throne Room delivered by an angel of the Lord. You ponder all of this in your heart, as your grandmother would say, and believe. In believing you will receive the blessing. I love you very much.
Aunt Patti

Holly said...

Cilla, That sermon WAS awesome and I was feelin' it for me too. Isn't God awesome that he can speak to so many, on so many levels all at the same time. What a mighty God we serve.

Strawberry Rose said...

Thanks for teaching me through what you're learning. God loves y'all and has a wonderful plan for your family.

CornFedMama said...

Cilla... i am praying for you too. the waiting can be sooo hard. i remember it well, and i remember the fit pitching too... God is such a good daddy, He takes special care of His daughters whose wombs ache... yes, during this time, He is with you, He is using the days and hours to build something in you and your husband that you need to provide for the child (children) He has planned for you!