Todd and I went to GA this weeked to visit my Aunt and Uncles house in Statham, GA. It's right outside of Athens. We needed a little time away from home to relax and just to be together. We love coming up here for a couple of reasons. First, we love to see our family. It is great to see all the babies growing up and to visit with the adults. Second, it just seems like the air is cleaner up here!!! We rode to the mall of GA with the top down on the JEEP and the air was so fresh....until we rode by a herd of cows!
When we got home from the mall the guys chilled in front o the TV and Aunt Patti and I made dinner. Josh and Sabrina (Patti's DS and DDIL) came over with the kids (Caleb, 2, Anna, 14mo, John Daniel, 1mo). They were so cute running around everywhere. But boy, were they alot of work to keep up with. It made me realize that God has a different plan for every family. For Josh and Sabrina, He blessed them with 3 little ones for them to chase around! Sabrina is such a great mom. She handles all the chaos of 3 small children with such ease and yet I know there has to be days when she gets stressed (although, I have never heard her complain).
For Todd and I, God has delayed children. I say "delay" because He has promised them to us. Sometimes I get so anxious waiting for Him to bless our family with little ones. I guess the grass IS always greener on the other side. I would love to be chasing little ones around and I'm sure Sabrina would love a day to herself (again, I have never heard her say this...I can just imagine!!!)
Our very wise pastor said a while back that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence; the grass is greener where you water it! I have decided that this year, I am going to try to put this philosophy into practice. God has a plan for Sabrina chasing 3 little kids around all day and He has a plan in delaying our family from growing. It is easy to get wrapped up in wanting what is on the other side of the fence, but, I think that would fall under "envy". And we all know what God says about that.
So, Todd and I will keep watering our grass and waiting for God's little blessings! Don't get me wrong it's not that easy to wait for something you want so badly, but, God's grace is sufficient and that is all we need.
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment