Well, here I go. My first attempt at blogging. Many of you know that Todd and I have been very open about the fact that we have been struggling with infertility. When we found ourselves in this position I realized that the only way I was going to get answers and support was to open myself up to being vulnerable and start asking questions. Along the way I realized that there were alot of people around me struggling with the same/similar situations as Todd and I.
My point in this blog is to not only share my story but to keep our family and friends updated with what's going on in our lives. I know that the word 'infertility' doesn't sounds like a great topic for a blog, nor one you might want to read. But, I promise I will make my blogs light hearted and easy to read. Although as you can imagine, talking about infertility and baby making comes with some pretty graphic language. SO...please don't be offended!
OK, here is our story so far:
- October 2003 decided to go off BCP (brith control pills) and decided to start charting my BBT (basal body temp) to track my fertility.
- November 2003 Not trying/Not preventing
- Spring 2004 went to OB they said my estorgen was low. Put me on natural hormone cream.
- Fall 2004 realized through a series of events my OB was crazy and not only did I not need the cream but the way she had me using it was a form of BC.
- Fall 2004 Changed OB's.
- New OB wants us to try for 6 months on our own with NO cream.
- Still nothing....ugh. (By this time all of my friends have at least 1 child)
- Winter '05 starts fertility testing for me. They tested everything you can think of. Everything is clean and clear...nothings wrong. OB says to give it time.
- January '06 Todd has an S/A (sperm analysis)...ok, now we are on to something. Due to Bad eating habits, a tight uniform, weird working hours and chronic anemia: Todd has Low/Slow/Morphed sperm.
Poor guy! He feels so guilty and discouraged. I assure him that we will work through this and figure things out.
- February '06 we decide to see a fertility specialist. Dr. Winslow says we are a great candidate for IUI (artificial insemination...or the turkey baster method!!)
- February '06 we find out insurance won't cover anything but initial blood work. UGH....back on our own again.
- We decide to give it a break for a while. Chill out and just relax.
- January '07 let's try again...
- 07' ends up being a bad year for us. I get in a car accident and need back surgery Todd suffers with Chronic Anemia and MRSA (a staph infection).
- Fall '07 Everybody is well. Praise the Lord! I start researching how to incream sperm health. After alot of searching I found a realiable group of vitamins that are know to help and Todd has been on them for about 4 months.
- NOW we are just hoping and praying. We have lots of questions...what should we do? what does God want us to do? what is best for our family? The list goes on...
I will be covering all of this stuff in detail in my blogs so keep checking back....
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment