Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Real Family

I was outside playing with the kids today when G-man (the 4 1/2 yo foster boy we have) walked up and said he had a surprise for me. Usually this means he has some sort of bug in his hand and he wants to see me scream and run! This time he pulled out a little purple flower. After I made a big deal over it and pinned it in my sweater he said, "There! Now we're a real family!".

I immediately cried.



This little boy is so wanting to belong somewhere and although Todd and I make EXTRA sure that he is included in everything just as much as our own are, this little moment reminded me that he still knows the difference between permanent and temporary. It breaks my heart.

1 comments:

Gloria said...

I think of how sweet he is with your oldest, how they are best buddies - I don't want him to go leave the Hicks!