Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Expectant Mothers Prayer

I woke up at 3:00 this morning with the urge to pray for my babies.

Holy God,
You are awesome and powerful. You are bigger than I can even pretend to fathom. My tiny mind can barely finish a jigsaw puzzle and yet for 7 years You have been putting together the pieces to our Family Puzzle. You never fail to amaze me.
Only You, God, know what our family will look like. As You sit on Your throne RIGHT NOW, You see my babies. All powerful God, I beg You to protect them. Protect their little bodies from harm. Guard their little minds from evil. Bless them with forgetfulness of past haunts and anything that would hinder them from healing. Hide them in the palm of Your great hand and bring them to the safe haven of our home, that You have established, quickly.
I ask for wisdom. Wisdom to lead. Wisdom to love. Wisdom to discipline. Wisdom to know how to help them heal and belong.
I believe You have heard the cry of my heart and that You are working RIGHT NOW on behalf of these children and our family.
I love You, my Father, and am humbled by this calling You have given me. Remind me during the hard times that You are the one Who has brought me to this place. May I never take that for granted.
Amen.


- Posted using BlogPress from Cilla's iPhone

3 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

God hears and answers prayer. We can be sure of that.

These children will be so blessed to have you and Todd! You will be a bright spot in their perhaps otherwise grim circumstances. Your home WILL be a blessing and a place of peace and comfort!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

This is precious! Can NOT wait to see pictures and hear stories of your little ones. What an incredible thing God has called you to.

ericka. said...

Sweet and honest prayer! It is amazing to see how God has prepared your heart to love these very special children! Thanks for the sweet FB note! Been thinkin' 'bout you all lately, also! Hoping/prayin' for babies to be in your home soon! ;) God is soooo faithful and soooo good! Love & Miss ya!