Thursday, December 3, 2009

Decking The Halls (pic heavy)

Have I ever shown pictures of mine and Todd's room? This room was hard to figure out as it is an odd shape. After moving the furniture 50 million times, we finally decided to try the bed in the middle of the room! ...yes, we got desperate! We put our dressers behind the headboard which leaves a little "dressing area" between the dressers and closet/bathroom doors. I really like it like this! I hung an old window that bought for $5 from an antique store in GA above the headboard and of course had to put a wreath on it for the holidays!

This chaise is actually 2 armless chairs that used to be in our Living Room! :) It has become my new favorite reading area!

Per moms wonderful suggestion, I hung wreaths on all of the doors upstairs. So cute, yeah? Ok confession time.... the aren't actually wreaths... the are candle rings! :)
This is the tree on the Landing at the top of the stairs. I got it on sale at Target last year after Christmas.
This is another Candle ring that I used as a wreath in my kitchen window.
Here my kitchen Nutcrackers:
These are mom's Carolers. She has been collecting them for years.

We decided to put our family tree in the dinig room this year so it could go in front of the big picture window. Mom is getting a small real tree to put in the den for she and Silas to decorate with candy and such. I will post pics of that as soon as it is finished. I asked mom if she would decorate the mantle as she has a great eye for that kind-of stuff. Didn't she do a great job? No, the fruit garland is not real.... although you have to touch it in order to tell! I found it at Home Goods for $16.99!

Well, that is how we decked our halls this year! How did you deck yours? I need some creative ideas to tuck away for next year! :)

5 comments:

Brian, Shelya, and Blythe said...

I just have to tell you how much I LOVE your decorating sense... and your master bedroom layout is AMAZING! That is all :-)

Jenifer said...

The kitchen nutcrackers are too cute! I love Home Goods!! That was a great deal! :)

Tiffany said...

Your home is so beautiful! Very cute and creative!

Becca's Blog said...

Oh my word! I'm so hiring you to come to my house and decorate someday. LOVE your style! Can we say Martha Stewart???

Gloria said...

Cilla you are so gifted in creating a beautiful homey environment. You can feel the warmth of a Merry Christmas through the pictures.