Thursday, March 26, 2009

Todd's Injury - Squeamish BEWARE

*****GRAPHIC PICS BELOW*****
*****IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH DON'T SCROLL DOWN*****



Todd and Dad had been installing the hardwood floors in our kitchen and hallway today. Todd was cutting some pieces outside with a Table Saw. We are not quite sure how, but he sliced his left thumb open. I heard a scream and ran outside to find Todd on his knees grasping his hand and blood dripping everywhere. We wrapped it up in some towels with ice and rushed to the accute center down the street. They rushed him right in and took a look at it. The first thing out of the ladies mouth was, "Oh good Lord, we can't help you. You need to go to the ER." Comforting, huh?


So, Ray (my brother) and I took him down to the ER. They eventually got him back and cleaned it out. Which was no fun for Todd. He said that hurt more than actually cutting it. There wasn't enough skin left to stitch it up so they put some surgical tape and a splint on it and sent us home with pain medicine. They said to change the dressing everyday and follow up with a dr. in a couple of days.


We are praying it will heal quickly as he has to go back to work next Thursday. Todd was a real trooper and is currently enjoying a pain medicine buzz! :) He was to squeamish to look at his injury today, but he asked me to take a picture of it so he can see it later. I think this kind of thing is neat, but if you have a weak stomach then don't scroll down!









Waiting in the ER:


The Injury:
I will update next week and let you know how it is healing.

5 comments:

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

Poor guy...I know what he means about them cleaning it out & that being the worst part. I am not squeamish at all, but when I cut my finger in Dec & got stitches, I almost threw up & they had to give me some phenergan so I wouldn't!!! Hopefully he will heal quickly!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! YIKES! WOW! That looks pretty bad! I could imagine he needs pain medicine for that! Harry couldn't believe it! Hope he's doing better. I'll call you Monday!

Kristi said...

I didn't mean for it to say anonymous! it was me!

Strawberry Rose said...

You know I"m squeamish, but I had to look. Auuuugh. Glad he's feeling better.

Material Gyrl said...

Nice!!!

Hope it heals fast!