Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Doctor

I had an appointment with my new doctor (ob/gyn) today, Dr. Kim-Ashchi. It was such a better experience than my previous doctor from the very beginning. She was able to get me in fairly quickly. The office was much smaller. The lady behind the counter was so kind. And to top it all off, the doctor was not in a hurry and took time to listen.... imagine that.
So, before I went I had printed out 1 1/2 pages of questions and information that I wanted to share with her. She started out asking me the basic questions and then allowed me to go down my list. She genuinely agreed with everything that I said and answered all of my questions. She was also confused with some of the things my previous doctor had told me. She was familiar with the other doctor and agreed that their office is much bigger and they tend to generalize patients. She wanted a couple of blood tests done that she thought ere basic, that my doctor never did. After the blood work is done, I go back to see her the first week of April so we can start our new plan.
I will post the new plan closer to time....

All in all, I was very happy with her. I left feeling so relaxed just knowing that she was being proactive and had MY best interest in mind. I can just sit back and be a patient for once instead of having to be stressed out trying to figure things out on my own. AH, relief.

I will post more details after my blood work is done.... I can't have it done until after I ovulate, so it will be a couple of weeks.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am so glad that you had a great experience. Praying for you!

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

What an encouragement! I'm glad you found a better bedside manner doc that actually LISTENS!! What a difference!

Marianne Elkins said...

Yea! I'm glad you like the new doctor. Hopefully this is the beginning of answered prayers!

Kerri said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. So, does that mean you've experienced an ectopic pregnancy before? If so, do you mind sharing your experience with me? I'm having a hard time finding anyone who's been through it. You can send me an email if you don't want to write about it on my blog: kerri.oreilly@gmail.com

PS- Great news that you like your new doctor. I have found that to be SO crucial during this journey.