Saturday, February 7, 2009

Clomid

I HATE CLOMID. I could end the blog right now as this sums up the rest of what I have to say!
I took 50 mg. on days 3-7 this month. I have learned to take it at night so the majority of the side-effects tend to happen while you're sleeping. For me the 3 major side-effects are headache, hot flashes and weight gain. The headaches are excruciating, the hot flashes make me want to rip my clothes off no matter how cold it is, and I personally think the weight gain is more "bloating" than anything as it tends to come and go. I can literally fluctuate 10 pounds in a month. IRRITATING.

I had a long talk with Todd this morning while we were eating Saturday morning breakfast at Cracker Barrel here in Athens, GA. I decided that I am finished with Clomid for a while. I have been on it for 6 cycles now. If this months IUI's don't work, then I am taking a break for a while. I need some time to get all of this medicine out of me, loose some weight and de-stress. I have not been myself lately and I don't like it. I know I am depressed and I need some time to concentrate on me. This might sound selfish, but honestly, I feel like I need to be selfish for a little while. I have "let myself go" in a way, while we have been TTC and I need some time to fix that.

Just having this mind set relieves some of the stress. *** AH, deep breath***

2 comments:

Charles said...

I don't blame you a bit for being frustrated with the clomid. I can't imagine dealing with all the side effects. I girl I go to church with, you may have known her, Jennifer "Aldridge" Grant has had bad problems with fertility also. She had a baby the same time I did in 5/05 her cycles returned she got pregnant again in 7/06 only to have a miscarriage @ almost 7 wks. She didn't get pregnant again until 3/07 only to have another miscarriage at 6 wks. She had some tests done that showed she might have a blood mutation but it shouldn't have caused early miscarriages. She didn't get pregant again until the end of 9/07 only to have another miscarriage @ almost 6 wks. They never did have her husband checked out but she was using a progesterone cream. The month that she discontinued the cream and started taking this hebal tincture called B- Fruitful - http://www.trilighthealth.com/store.php?crn=208&rn=344&action=show_detail - she got pregnant again. That was 8/08, she took an early test to confirm the pregnancy and then began taking this tincture called Carry-On - http://www.trilighthealth.com/store.php?crn=208&rn=355&action=show_detail - (until at least 8-10wks of pregnancy I think) and weaned herself off the B-Fruitful. She is now still successfully pregnant and @ 28 wks gestation. I just thought I would share what worked for her. There are also herbs that men can take when they have the low sperm count and such. There are no side effects to these tinctures so if you wanted to give them a try on your break, maybe you might see some results. Just thought I would share the links.

Charles said...

Oh, I just wanted to mention that they never quit trying or prevented trying to get pregnant at any time during those 3 miscarriages so it was not from lack of trying that she did not get pregnant.