Sunday, January 11, 2009

IUI #8

In preperation for our upcoming IUI, I have been peeing on every ovulation stick I can get my hands on!! :) For future reference, we will call this POAS (pee on a stick)! I figure if I POAS everytime I go to the bathroom, then I can't miss the surge! :)

Well sure enough, I think I started surging this morning! I will call the doctor in the morning and we should go in for the IUI on Tuesday. Here is a progression picture.

For those of you not familiar with these, here is how they work. The line on the right is always dark. The line on the left gets darker as your LH level rises closer to ovulation. When the left line is AS DARK or DARKER than the right line, you know you are ovulating. For days now the left line on my tests have been blank. Then yesterday I started seeing a hint of a line. This morning and this afternoon (although I don't have this afternoons stick pictured) were definitely darker, suggesting that ovulation is around the corner.

PLEASE NOTE: these are OVULATION STICKS! I don't want 50 emails asaking if I am pregnant! :)

Todd has learned to deal with these sticks lined up in on our bathroom! It's the only way I can really see the progression. He doesn't even make snide comments now....poor guy! Usually I prepare him the sticks are coming so they don't catch him off guard. For some reason he doesn't seem as ok with girly products laying the bathroom as I am! heehee!

I will definitely update tomorrow after I talk to the doctor....

6 comments:

Emily said...

I will certainly be praying for you during your journey tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts and prayers...I don't even know you, but I'm so compelled by your story. Look forward to your update!

He who began a good work IN you, will be faithful to complete it!

One Happy Momma said...

THANK YOU, Emily! It is nice to meet you!
Love the scripture you shared! I had forgotten about that verse, but I needed to hear it! God bless you!

Material Gyrl said...

Oh! Cilla I am soooooo praying for you & Todd as you go through this. Tell Todd you are Princess Cilla & you are not to lift a finger! If some one offers to do something for you, let them. I know you, you take care of everyone now it is time for you rest!!!! Miss you!

Tiffany said...

We are praying for you and Todd.

Holly said...

Wooohoooooooo!!!!!!! Those poas look GREAT!!! Call me tomorrow. . .I thought we could come over for dinner Friday night, but that is the night of the first Prayer night at church during this 21 days. . . what about Sunday afternoon?? Are we still on for Tuesday or will you be in the drs office?? ohhh this is so exciting.

Holly said...

Oh and isn't Emily so sweet! She is a good friend from camp back in the day. . . waaaaaaaay back in the day. . early HS I think. I love her!