Tuesday, January 27, 2009

IUI #13

Last time I posted my temp had dropped a little. The next morning (yesterday) it jumped way high again. Then this morning it dipped a little lower than it had the day before.



For those of you who don't understand the chart. The Vertical blue line is when I ovulated. The horizontal blue line is my "coverline". When trying to concieve, you want your temps to stay above the coverline after ovulation. Before ovulation doesn't matter any. Most womens temp falls below the line and then they start a new cycle. For me I start right before my temp drops below the line. So in my case edging towards the line is a bad thing.

So with my second temp dip this morning I decided to test and get it over with. I took two different brands and both were negative. AHHHH.... *pulling hair out*

My rational side tells me, it is still a little early. Wait and see what your temp does tomorrow since it jumped back up yesterday. My logical side is telling me, those tests pick up HSG 5 days before a missed period. If I were pregnant it should have had some kind of line on it by now.

The Dr. put me on Progesterone shortly after our IUI. This is said to help sustain a pregnancy. It also keeps you from starting a new cycle. So, I can't just wait for my period becase it's not going to come until I stop taking the progesterone.

After mulling all of this over in my head, here is my verdict: I will take the progesterone today and see what my temp does tomorrow. If my temp shoots back up again, I will hang on to hope, take another progesterone and see what the next days temp is. If I wake up tomorrow to another temp dip, I will stop the progesterone and wait for a new cycle. Once the new cycle starts I willt ake Clomid on days 3-7 and we will do another back-to-back IUI shortly after returning from our upcoming ski trip!

Any other opinions? Can anyone tell me they got a negative test and then a postive a couple of days later? THROW ME A BONE, PEOPLE! :)

Wanted to edit this post to add this verse I found this morning:

Phillipians 4:4-7

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I can't relate to your fertility struggles; however I will tell you this....When I thought I was preggers I took a test about 3 days before I was supposed to start my period...negative. Then, I missed my period, was 5 days late and took another test....and boy was is ever positive. I took that test in the middle of the and the 2 pink lines were hot pink. So, don't rely on the disclaimer that "EPT can detect pregnancy 5 days before missed period" b/c it certainly wasn't the case with me. And when I did go see my doctor to confirm the pregnancy....they thought I was having twins b/c my hormone levels were so high. But the home preg.test didn't detect it until after my missed period.

Hope this offers you some encouragement. Praying for your heart right now.

Charles said...

I never test until 5wks since my cycles are always late anyways, so I've never tried an early test. But I have had drastic temp drops when I was pregnant before I knew and boy does that send you for an emotional loop! Praying. :)

gagirl4Jesus said...

I have no bones, just keep nawing on the words that the Lord has given you. Praying for you.
Aunt Patti

Samara said...

Girl...I think I told you this already but I took two home tests and 1 test at the dr office and they all came back negative. My Dr. told me to go home and relax that I would start my period in a few days. Jacob will be 10 yrs old in August.

Strawberry Rose said...

I was so nauseous I thought for sure I was pregnant. Took a pregnancy test. Negative. Turns out later that I was pregnant.

I'm reminded in "Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman" that when you feel the world is on your shoulders to remember that the world isn't on you, it's in His hands.

Kristin said...

I've taken tests on 11dpo and had a - .... then had a + on 12dpo... so don't give up hope based on early testing. Keep watching your temps! We're hoping along with you!!