Sunday, January 25, 2009

Critters - Red Shouldered Hawk

Since we have moved to the patk we have seen lots of critters. A fox, bunnies, owls, cranes, snakes, turtles, otters (in the creek). My goal this year is to start getting pics of them.


This morning I opened my kitchen curtains to find this Hawk sitting on the fence in the backyard. I quickly grabbed the camera and snapped the following pic before he flew away.

We bought a new camera a couple of weeks ago (Canon Powershot sx11015). I am really happy with it. I think it took a pretty good shot for as far away as I was and shooting through the kitchen window & screen. I think the Hawk was scoping out the bunnies that live right behind our fence. The bunnies come out when the weather gets warm....I have a feeling Mr. Hawk had a good Sunday brunch! :)


5 comments:

Ashlee Davis said...

love this, i look forward to seeing the critters

Strawberry Rose said...

Cute picture! Now you can think of yourself as Snow White with all the animals around.

Becca's Blog said...

NO way! There are otters in that creek?

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

How cool! I saw a woodpecker here- for some reason I never saw those or many undomesticated critters in Jax unless they were, uh, dead on the road.

One Happy Momma said...

Crack me up, Sarah! Yeah, I hadn't seen animals like this in the wild before either.

Yes, Becca, there are otters. They are towards the end of the creek over by the wooden board walk. Very cool!