Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting Caught Up

Well, well, well! It has been quite a while since my last blog! Lots has happened in the past weeks. We have been moving!
As I am sure you are aware, Todd is a police officer. In Jacksonville, the city puts Mobile Homes on city parks and allows police families to live their. The city pays your utilities and you have no property taxes. Todd locks the gate to the park in the evenings and opens it in the mornings. He handles any calls that that happen in the park....which has been very few in the past 16 years!
Now let me put to rest any preconcieved notions yout might have of a mobile home!! I know what you are thinking....the same thing I was thinking before I saw this place.
Our home is a little over 2000 sq. ft.. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a den with wood burning fireplace, living/dining room and an office attached to the master suite. It has sheet-rock and we are in the process of painting. We are laying hard wood floors and updating the large kitchen to our style. I will have pics in the next blog to show you our progress.
This is a great move for Todd and I. We are saving ALOT of money....as you can imagine. Our goal is to stay here for as long as possible and then by some property out of the city and build a house.

OK....pizza just got delivered so I am off to eat! More on the house to come!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I can't wait to see it! I miss you. . .it has been too long. Love you!

Material Gyrl said...

What an awesome opportunity for you guys! I hope you enjoy your new home!

Anonymous said...

The house sounds wonderful and what a deal!! You can't beat that with a stick! Glad to hear that all is well!!

Life with Boys said...

I too can't wait to see your new house Cilla! I always look forward to see how you use your talent in decorating your home.
Robyn

Strawberry Rose said...

Sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see it sometime.