Maybe it is the smell of the apple cinnamon candle I put in the kitchen or the fact that Starbucks is advertising their Pumpkin Spice Latte's that are causing me to yern for Autumn. Of course, it could be that the calender says the official start of Autumn is this coming Monday!
I love Autumn! It is my favorite time of year. Even though here in Florida the weather doesn't usually get cool until November.....or January some years....I still love Autumn. It is a cozy season. A season to put the rush of Summer behind you and settle down for a cold (or cool, as the case may be) Winter.
I love to break out my Autumn decorations. The colors, the smells, it reminds me of "home". In September I put out some Apples on the counter and light a couple of Autumn candles. Maybe a sprinkle of acorns and pinecones in a basket by the fireplace. Around October, I like to put out some Halloween decorations. Nothing to spooky, just cute! In November I trade the Halloween decorations for some Pilgrims. And then the day after Thanksgiving I start to mingle in some Winter greenery instead of Fall leaves. By the first of December all the Christmas decor is out. And then after Christmas I put away the Christmas decor but leave the Winter greenery out until the middle of January.
The weather today was a reminder that Autumn is coming. It was a rare treat to have some "cooler" weather. Let me stop here and explain that this means it was in the low 80's instead of the upper 90's! However, when the wind blew, which was often today, you could almost feel Autumn coming. Todd and I took the windows off the Jeep today as we ran around doing our errands. It was wonderful to have the cool breeze blowing my hair around. It felt as if the changing wind was blowing away the stress of this past year and bringing some renewed hope. I felt my head lift out of the clouds that have been bogging me down. Of course, the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino helped a little, too!
I am determined this season is going to be wonderful. I feel strong as if I could face anything. Maybe it was the wind, the frappuccino, or the Autumn candle....or maybe it was the prayers of myself, my family and friends, but I feel renewed today. AH, I love Autumn!
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

2 comments:
I love Autumn too. It is cozy. What a wonderful and inspiring post!
Beautifully said…I miss you!
Post a Comment