I realized I haven't blogged in a couple of days. I guess I just figured nothing eventful had happened. But for the tens of my faithful readers (!) here is a little update on what has been going on at the Hicks House:
1. I woke up Thursday morning and told Todd that I think God wants us to put our Jeep Liberty
up for sale. I know this may sound odd to some of you. But, I find that God usually speaks to me in the night. Sometimes, I just wake up and have this sense that He has spoken. It used to catch me (and Todd off guard) but now we have learned to not just listen, but obey. So when I told Todd what God had told me, he said, "well then we need to put it on Craigslist!"
I listed the car on Craigslist that afternoon for a little over Kelly's Bluebook price. It sold the following evening for cash! The couple that bought it is also a Law Enforcement family. They just had a baby and the mom was stuck at home with no car. The dad said that he had been
looking at another car that week and was about to go buy it that evening, but when he saw our listing that afternoon he decided to come look at it.
Had Todd and I not obeyed right away, not only would we have missed out on God's blessing, but so would this family. How cool is our God?
A little back tracking: We had realized through watching Emily that the Liberty was a little small for children. The stroller barely fit in the trunk and the car seat was squished in the back. We had decided that when we had children we would sell the Liberty and get another car. We just figured this would be a while down the road. I told Todd that I really feel like God is telling us that this "waiting season" is not in vain. He is preparing us in ways we can't see for the blessings He is going to send!
Send them quickly, Lord Jesus!
2. We had so much fun on the 4th of July! We were supposed to go to a party with some friends out on the Northside, but Todd had an off duty job at 10:00 which would mean we couldn't stay at the party long.
Long story short, we ended up going to our friends, Holly and Adam's, house. They are so much fun and we really enjoy hanging out with them. We grilled out the all-American hamburgers and hotdogs and went on a walk around their neighborhood. So much fun!
1. I woke up Thursday morning and told Todd that I think God wants us to put our Jeep Liberty
I listed the car on Craigslist that afternoon for a little over Kelly's Bluebook price. It sold the following evening for cash! The couple that bought it is also a Law Enforcement family. They just had a baby and the mom was stuck at home with no car. The dad said that he had been
Had Todd and I not obeyed right away, not only would we have missed out on God's blessing, but so would this family. How cool is our God?
A little back tracking: We had realized through watching Emily that the Liberty was a little small for children. The stroller barely fit in the trunk and the car seat was squished in the back. We had decided that when we had children we would sell the Liberty and get another car. We just figured this would be a while down the road. I told Todd that I really feel like God is telling us that this "waiting season" is not in vain. He is preparing us in ways we can't see for the blessings He is going to send!
Send them quickly, Lord Jesus!
2. We had so much fun on the 4th of July! We were supposed to go to a party with some friends out on the Northside, but Todd had an off duty job at 10:00 which would mean we couldn't stay at the party long.
Long story short, we ended up going to our friends, Holly and Adam's, house. They are so much fun and we really enjoy hanging out with them. We grilled out the all-American hamburgers and hotdogs and went on a walk around their neighborhood. So much fun!
3. As far as fertility goes. I am getting a little aggrivated this cycle. I don't know if I have ovulated or not. It looks like I might have ovulated on CD 14, but who knows. Time will tell. I guess we will wait and see.
So now you are all caught up on what has been going on at our house. Exciting stuff, huh? Next time I post I will have pics from out Destin trip and hopefully a better fertility update!
So now you are all caught up on what has been going on at our house. Exciting stuff, huh? Next time I post I will have pics from out Destin trip and hopefully a better fertility update!

2 comments:
Wow! That is great! Tim just posted an advertisement for his personal training business yesterday on Craigslist and got a couple responses. You mentioned that you wanted a bigger car... we are selling Tim's Tahoe, are you interested?
I was telling Mike this story and he said if God ever tells you to sell the Jeep, please let Mike know! :)
Robyn
Post a Comment