I called the doctors office on Friday toc omplain that I haven't ovulated since our miscarriage. Normally when I call I am very nice and easy going. I figure there is no need to tick-off the people trying to help you. Let me just say that I did not feel like that on Friday. I was irritated at everything that moved...especially if it had the ability to reproduce!!!
I told the nurse who answered the phone that I have not been ovulating and I wanted something to make me start a new cycle and then to help me ovulate. She informed me that the doctor probably wasn't going to do that...blah, blah, blah... And I informed her that she needed to ask the doctor anyway and call me back ASAP.
She called back within the hour (which is a miracle in and of itself, as they usually don't call back for a day or so). She was much nicer this time and told me that my doctor was OOT but his wife (who is also an OB with NFOB/GYN) was taking all his patients for him. She is very knowledgable with infertility patients and has a plan for us this month. At this point I am thinking, "And if she is so good with infertility patients, why have I not been trnasfered to her?" But, I figured it was best to leave that question for another day and be thankful that she was even helping me!
So, here is the new plan:
- I am on 10 days of Provera to cause me to start a new cycle (since this one is a bust being that it was annovulatory)
- Then I start my first round of Clomid!!!! woop! woop! This is a fertility drug that causes you to ovulate. This way I will know EXACTLY when I am ovulating...no guess work needed. There is a higher multiple birth rate in women who conceive while taking Clomid (5 to 10 percent) than in the rest of the population. In most cases, the multiple pregnancies are twins. The risk of having twins in women who do not take any fertility drugs is about 1.2 percent.
- She has given us a schedule of when to Baby Dance (if you know what I mean!).
- Then she wants me to go to a lab on CD 21 and have my progesterone levels checked. This way if they are too low she can prescribe progesterone supplements to help the little bean to stick.
- Then I go in to see her on CD 30 to have my betas checked....which will tell us if we are preggo or not.
OMGosh, Can I tell you how excited we are!!! The good thing about all of this is that there is NO PRESSURE; if it doens't work, we are going in for an IUI in June! HALLELUJAH!

4 comments:
After my two miscarriages (one with twins, one with single baby) it took me 6-8 weeks before I ovulated again...
Excited you are starting clomid. That should help. With my pregnancy with Hannah and this one I had to take progesterone to help the pregnancy "stick" and it also helps the baby grow and develop correctly until week 12 when the placenta takes over. good luck!
HOORAAAAY!
That is so exciting!
You getting on the phone on Friday not caring if you tick anyone off is totally PROVERA! That stuff took away my self-monitoring temper check button which allowed me to be very expressive with my anger and frustration, which isn't usually my nature.
So, so, so glad that you have a new plan in place!
Post a Comment