Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Beach!

We went to Beach Hut this morning with some of my family for breakfast and then we all went to walk on the beach. I was so embarrassed because I had a bad farmers tan (from riding in the JEEP). ugh. We were there about an hour and I am proud to say that I traded in my farmers tan for strap marks!!! This burn is from a 1 hour walk on the beach slathered in sunscreen. Yes, I tan easily.

Todd hates the beach (I mean the actaul beach....the sand and water. He is fine with driving out there and eating or shopping) He hates having dirty feet and the "sticky" feeling you get on your skin. This is the only thing that comes to mind that we really don't have in common. Having grown up at the beach, it is my second home! I could pitch a tent on the sand and stay there forever! He graciously went to the beach this morning to make his wifey happy. I didn't even have to convince him. I just asked nicely and he agreed! When we got home he actually admitted, outloud with a smile, that he had fun! WOW! Now that is a miracle in our house!!!




...and so does my hubby!...

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your Todd sound like my Todd. I had to work on him for a few years to get him to love the beach. Thankfully, he loves it now.

I just wanted to let you know that you and Todd have been on our hearts. We are praying for you everyday and can't wait to see how God blesses you.

Anonymous said...

All us white peeps have to stick together...sunburns are our destiny.

Strawberry Rose said...

I'm glad y'all had fun! Your aunt could live at the beach too.