Monday, March 10, 2008

Where we stand now....

I took a digital test on Sunday morning (after a day and a half of bleeding) and it was negative.
I called the doctor this morning to see if they still wanted to see me on Wednesday and explained to the nurse what happened:
1. 2 positive yet faint PT's 2 day sin a row.
2. Missed Period
3. Spotting which turned to bleeding 2 days later.
4. Negative Digi PT.

She said that it didn't matter how faint the test was, if there is another line, it is postive. She also said that it sounded like I had an early miscarriage (sometimes known as chemical pregnancy). They want to see me Wednesday morning to check my HSG levels to see where they are and to do an ultrasound to make sure everything looks ok.

Todd and I thank you so much for all of your thoughs and prayers. I will post again after our appointment on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priscilla - I am so sorry to hear the news. It feels as though anything I could say could inadequately comfort you, just know there are people here who are praying and care about you. In the meantime here is an old hymn I found:

"God Moves in a Mysterious Way"


God moves in a mysterious way
his wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,
and rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines
of never-failing skill
He treasures up his bright designs,
and works his sovereign will.

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
the clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy, and shall break
in blessings on your head.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
but trust him for his grace;
Behind a frowning providence
he hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
but sweet will be the flow'r.

Blind unbelief is sure to err,
and scan his work in vain;
God is his own interpreter,
and he will make it plain.

William Cowper 1774

Strawberry Rose said...

I saw this quote and thought of y'all.

"Be open to the possibilities - of God's promises to grow good things in hard places. Be open to the possibilities that these circumstances hold more than what I see right now. Be open to the possibilities of discovering new hope. Be open to the possibilities...one day at a time." Carol Kuykendall

Sabrina

Gloria said...

Cilla -

You have a blog!!!! I just found it on your myspace page and I am so excited to see it!

I know your journey girl, I feel your heart. Check out my blog entry, we decided against IVF at this point and the adoption talk is starting.

Gloria said...

Oh...love the "if one more person tells me to relax, I'm going to puke" blinkie!

Now that people know we are talking adoption, they keep saying - oh now you'll relax and it will happen for you. It's annoying! The one sure way to get me NOT to relax and be totally irritated, is to say that to me! Of course, I know they mean well so I just smile and say "we'll see." But geez!