Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2010 Christmas Tour of Homes

I am participating in the Christmas 2010 Tour of Homes! Welcome to our home. I hope you enjoy the tour.
I love creating memories in our home. Especially at Christmas time. It's the little touches that I like the most. The subtle things that say "It's Christmas"!   



This is the shelf my Hubby made. It hangs in our foyer and is a great place to
dump our things when we come in the door.
Of course, Mistletoe is a must!


This is our main Living Room tree. It has all of our family ornaments on it.
I don't remember when I got Mr. Winter Bear,
but there's something about him that I like!

In Florida we have to crank down the AC in order to justify lighting a fire!



My desk. No it is not always this clean. Truth Be Told:
 I shoved everything in to the drawers in order to get a nice picture! 

The Living Room coffee table. It reverses to a train table... yes, my handy hubby built it also!
The Living Room bookshelves
My Handy Hubby... and the pups!


The Kitchenette
I fell in love with these Winter Dishes from KMart when I was in High School and held on to them for years! 


It's the little things in life.... this is my favorite Christmas Dish Towel.
For some reason it reminds me of my Grandma.
Even the Laundry Room gets a touch of Winter.
That jar holds my laundry soap...
guess I need to add that to my grocery list! 

The laundry room also serves as our Mud Room, which is where this platter that I painted with chalkboard paint is. 
Even the downstairs half-bath gets a touch of winter. 


Now on to the Dining Room. No, it's not your eyes... the tree is leaning.
Don't ask. It was an ordeal.
The Dining Room tree is laced with candy!



My ragamuffin garland! THANKS Nester for such a creative idea!


This wreath stays up all year. It also floats all of over the house.
You never know where it is going to pop up!

This is the other side of the Dining Room where the backdoor is.
My dad made the Keeping Bench for me. 


Now on to the upstairs! 

The upstairs tree is child-like.
It currently holds all of Todd's Police and FSU ornaments, along with some of our childhood ornaments.
One day this will be where we let the kids hang all of their homemade ornaments!


The bedroom doors get dressed up.
This is actually one of those "candle rings".

This is the first year I have made the Master Bedroom festive.
I bought this armoire off of Craigslist right before I decorated for Christmas.
It really needs to be painted.... which will probably be the first thing I do when the decorations come down!


I scored this old window at an Antique Store in GA for $3. 


I suppose this concludes my tour! I hope you enjoyed looking through the pics and that it spurred some creativity for you. I literally sat at my desk staring at Mr. Mac for an hour yesterday looking through everyone else's Christmas Tour posts. It is so fun to see how everyone else decorates.
I know it gave me some great ideas for next year!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your house is so beautiful! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing.

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Love your decorations and your big mantel!!!

Lisa said...

Your home is beautiful, I love the way you decorated! Your mantel is gorgeous, by the way! I hope you have a blessed Christmas!!!!

Kristin said...

Your fireplace is gorgeous! I love the mistletoe too!

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Your fireplace is gorgeous! Thanks for the chalkboard paint on the platter idea too! Very creative!

Stacey said...

I love the greens on the chairs! How pretty!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Tony and Amanda said...

Your home is beautiful!! I love all of your ideas... Thanks for sharing them with us!!! I'll have to keep chalkboard paint in mind, if we ever own our own home...I've always wanted to paint a play room with erasable paint, so that my children could draw on the walls...=)