Thursday, July 1, 2010

What A Year Brings

You never can tell what a year will bring. As I looked at the calendar and realized it is July 1st, I realized how unpredictable life can be.
In one year:
-my dad died
-we moved and my mom moved in with us
-mine and Todd's view of life changed
-I changed

  • I no longer let people walk all over me
  • I stand up for myself
  • I no longer define myself as infertile
  • my view of Foster Care changed
-my whole family changed

  • Ray is not handling Dad's death well
  • Mom is dating
  • Todd is ready to be a daddy
  • Amber is pregnant again (due next month)

-we started the adoption process
-even our dogs changed... they are outside dogs now! :)

...I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of off hand. Anyway, my point is that you never know what a year can bring. A year ago when I was drowning in infertility and all the emotions that brings with it, you could have NEVER made me believe my life was about to take this kind of a turn. It makes me struggle a little with what's around the next corner. I have to remember that God is in control and you have to set your mind on things that are pure and lovely and not dread what "could" happen.

I am SOOO looking forward to what this year holds for us. I am trusting that this will be a year for breakthrough for Todd and I!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You have such an amazing attitude about all you have been through. I can't wait to see all that God has planned for you and Todd!

Anonymous said...

I pray that this year is an amazing year for y'all.

Sabrina said...

I left the above comment.

Jennifer Henninger-Walters said...

God is good and I believe you will continue to be blessed. I really wish Ray comfort and peace about his dad. I can't imagine. I feel for your family and pray for all of you often. You all have handled this last year with such grace and strength.