Holly and Adam (and their 2 adorable kiddos) invited to go with them to watch a Dog Frisbee Contest being held at Mandarin High School this past Saturday evening. We took Silas with us and got a seat on the grass right up front. It was so fun and Silas really enjoyed watching the dogs do their tricks. He was so cute dancing to the music and mimicking the dogs jumping.
A lady from the Times Union approached me and said she noticed Silas' shirt (I had dressed him in a cute red shirt that has a dog on the front and says "rough guy") and how much fun he was having and asked if she could ask me some questions.
I said how cool it was that the city hosted events like this and priced them for families. I stated how well put together this was and that I was surprised for such a neat event that there was not very much advertising. They should definitely advertise more. We had a whole conversation about how well put together the event was and then she asked if we had dogs that did tricks. I stated that we have dogs and that I wish they did cool tricks like that! I said they probably would if I threw food, but not so much with the frisbees!
Well, of course, when the paper came out the only thing she wrote was what I said about the dogs! Gotta love it! :) It was really neat to get mentioned in the paper, though. Actually, this was the second time this year that we have mentioned in a paper. The first time was when we approached at the Garnet & Gold game in Tally.
I guess we are famous now! THANK YOU, Holly and Adam for inviting us! It was a blast! :)
Cape San Blas
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment