Sunday, April 18, 2010

Doing The Can Can... Kinda!


It has been so much fun to watch these cans pile up!
Whether you fill a small grocery bag, a kitchen size trash bag or a large trash bag with cans, THEY ALL COUNT!
And they all add up!

We spent this morning emptying all those bags and adding them to large 52 gl. trash bags.

And to date (in one month), here's what we have so far:
What's behind those bag of cans? Oh yeah, that's my van!

Here's a shout out to all our donaters so far!
The Paynes, The Painters, The Zemkos, The Gunnings, The Careys,
Ray and Amber, Theresa L., Rebecca W. (all the way from Atl!), Viviane R., Jenifer T, Jody C.!
These wonderful friends have been collecting personally and at local businesses.
Thank you for the time you have spent collecting all of these cans and
meeting up with us to drop them off!
My contribution this month... besides a pile of Vanilla Coke Cans...
was to clean up after some littering Spring Breakers at the beach!
Sadly, I scored a bunch of cans that way!
This month my goal is to enlist several local businesses involved...
I'll keep you posted on this.
I have also shared our story and haggled with a local Scrap Metal Recycling company and they are working on cutting their profit and giving us a higher rate for the aluminum we bring in!
I'll keep you posted on that as I know more!
IN THE MEANTIME....
KEEP THOSE CANS COMING!

I also want to throw out a few more suggestions of things you can collect:


1. The tabs off soda cans. DO NOT pop the tabs off the cans you are collecting. BUT, if you know someone who has a collection on tabs waiting to be donated, tell them our story! :) Rebecca W. in ATL did just that and scored us these containers of tabs! Thanks girl!
2. If you drink bottled soda or beer, save the aluminum tab tops!



0 comments: