I have had my feelers out for a job for a while, but when Dad got sick I put it on the back burner. I knew it would have to be the perfect job to fit our lifestyle.
I got offered a job at FBJA (First Baptist Junior Academy) as a PK-3 teacher 2 weeks ago. I decided to take the job and had to get busy as I only had a few days before school started! My class is the 3 day a week class, which makes it a part time job. It's perfect for me right now! I love my class and am really enjoying teaching.
3 year olds are so much fun! They make me smile and keep me on my toes, which is good for me right now. Plus, being at work makes me focus on something other than current circumstances.
Speaking of, we are settling into our new house and it is starting to feel like home. We are so thankful to have this new haven and that mom can stay with us. She is adjusting wonderfully, also! I will try to have more pics of the house this weekend... it looks alot different from the pics I took when we were still moving in. No more boxes sitting around... now we are just getting organized. Todd has been cleaning the garage out the past 2 days and made alot of progress... we can officially park the car in it!
Next weekend we (Mom, Todd and I) are driving over to Destin for a weekend get-away and to visit with family. This will be our first (and a much needed) trip since Dad's passing. More to come....


3 comments:
I'm so glad you are Ava's teacher... I keep telling my family that you will be so good for her since you are so loving but also seem to be able to hold them in line! :) It is so awesome that you can help your mom like you are...I know she must be so proud to have you as a daughter & you are sure a blessing to all of us!
BTW- I was keeping Haley last week some & Denae said that she was playing with some dolls that were going to the library & the teacher doll said, Ava get in line! HAHA! I cracked up bc I know that probably was a conversation she heard!
Missing you, Cilla. Please call when you have a free moment...you workin' girl! :)
Congrats on the new job! I'm thrilled for you. You all are still in my thoughts and prayers so often. Miss you girl!
Blessings,
Rebecca
Post a Comment