Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

WOW! What a birthday! It was so bitter-sweet, in that I was very aware it could be my last birthday with my dad and yet I was so thankful he was home and that we could celebrate together.

Todd started the day by making me my favorite breakfast (a whole grain waffle, no syrup with sliced strawberries!) on our "You Are Special" plate.

Then we went to the Farmer's Market downtown to pick up some fruits and veggies for the weekend. I have been meaning to get down there for a while and decided today was the day! It was great! I spent about $30 and got a TON of food. What a bargain!
Todd took me to Mimi's Cafe for lunch and then we walked around the Town Center. It was the first time in over a week that it wasn't raining. It was really hot, but there was a great breeze and we were just thankful to be outside!
As for presents, I got all I wanted from my mom and dad: a super sweet card and dad home from the hospital. Todd bought me a beautiful Pandora bracelet with a "Forget Me Knot" charm! I positively love it!
Todd bought me my favorite Ice Cream Cake... even Dad ate some!

I am so thankful for the way the day ended. It was exactly what I wanted!

3 comments:

a girl and her love said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day! Yay for some sunshine and your dad coming home!You have been on my heart. Will talk with you soon!

Lizzy said...

Happy birthday, Cilla!

I'm so glad your dad got to come home!
Thank you for all your wonderful updates on his blog!

love,
Lizzy Slotkin

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! We love y'all.

strawberryrose