Saturday, April 4, 2009

Meet Cruiser


Todd and I have been searching for a while to find one more puppy to finish our little pack. The problem is, we love the mix breed (lab/border collie) that we have now so much that nothing else really compares for our lifestyle... until now!

I have been looking on Craigslist for a while, but puppies tend to go so quickly! I found an ad yesterday afternoon for a lab/german shepherd mix. I called right away and Ray and Amber drove over there with me (Todd was working). The lady told us that her husband rescued the dog and several others from that litter out of a drain fill. I had heard the story on the news, but all the pups got adopted out fast, including this dog. Turns out that the person who adopted her "was too busy to take care of a dog" and returned her to the rescuer. The rescuer posted an ad on Craigslist and I found it an hour later!

As soon as I saw her, I fell in love! She is so sweet and gentle.... but very playful! She has a very cute disposition. I called Todd and he said to snatch her up; and that I did!

She is about 8 months old and in perfect health. She is a very smart little puppy (Todd says that is the german shepherd in her). She slept on her pillow all night and whined this morning when she needed to go out. She hasn't had any accidents inside and took to the leash right away.
Let me explain the name. I named our first dog, Jazz, because I love music. Todd named Renegade after the FSU horse. We decided this dog needed a police-y name. After tossing around several options, we decided on Cruiser... get it, police cruiser! :)

We are really enjoying her and happy to have her complete our pack.

3 comments:

M's Mommy said...

She is SO cute!

Gloria said...

Oh Cilla, she is so precious!

Becca's Blog said...

I want one!!!!