Friday, October 3, 2008

Good News and Bad News

About 10 minutes after I finished writing the last blog my doctors office called me back. They told me to come in the next morning and get a blood test done. It was negative. (That is obviously the bad news!)
The good news is, the doctor FINALLY aproved us for an IUI (the "turkey baster method" as Todd likes to call it). He is pretty sure this will work for us, but I am not putting all my eggs in one basket....go ahead and laugh, the pun was intended!

So, I am on Protrium now to induce a new cycle and then when I ovulate in a couple of weeks we will go in for the procedure. I will have more info on the procedure when it gets closer to time.
Here is your tmi warning. I am probably going to be blogging alot about the details of this when it gets closer (nothing offensive, of course). I really want to have it documented for myself and my future children, but I also want it our there for people who are going through the same thing and might be nervous about it. I will label these blogs IUI #1, IUI #2...and so forth. That way if you don't want the details, you don't have to read! :)

Please say a prayer for us this month! We are nervous and excited and frustrated and more excitment all at the same time. ugh.

8 comments:

Life with Boys said...

Yeah Cilla!!!
I am glad you dr is finally allowing you to move forward. Did you get the link to that blog I mentioned? Elaine is also going through IUI and I think you would enjoy reading it. She is very open about the whole procedure and her emotions that go along with the process.
I am praying for you!
Robyn
http://www.twosheldons.blogspot.com/

Strawberry Rose said...

Very exciting!

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm a friend of Holly's and love reading your blog. I'm praying for you!

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

We will be praying for ya'll!

Material Gyrl said...

Yea!!!!

So happy for you, I will be praying for you!!!

Tiffany said...

Yeah!! We are praying for you and Todd.

Holly said...

Praise YE the Lord, Hallelujah
Praise YE the Lord, Hallelujah
Praise YE the Lord! (Sing along if you know the words!)

I am rejoicing and look forward to reading all your IUI updates!

Adam is on board for Sunday if you still are?

Marianne Elkins said...

I am praying for you guys!