Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easily Distracted

I am so thankful for Emily! She is my friends (Aaron and Lucy) little girl. I watch her during the week for them. She is 11 months old and busy, busy, busy. She toddles all around the house laughing and "talking" to anything that will listen.

God knew exactly what He was doing (DUH!) when He arranged this situation. Had Aaron and Lucy asked me to watch her a couple months before they did, I would have said no. I don't think it would have been beneficial for me then. However, when they asked in January I was aware that this is what God wanted me to do and I had a real peace about it. I didn't really understand why He was wanting me to do this as I have been quite busy with my online boutique. But after our miscarriage, I was WELL AWARE of why He set this up the way He did. It has been such a great distraction to have her around. Somtimes I jokingly call her my anti-depression medicine!!! She keeps me laughing and from doing what I want to do....lay in the bed crying all day!!! :)

God is so gracious and loving. He is wise and all-knowing. Life can be so beautiful (yes, even when it is raining) if we just let HIM lead and direct our every step. Our lives might not look like others think it should. We might not have what everyone else (including ourselves sometimes) thinks we should. But, Todd and I decided that we would rather live in a tent in seclusion and want knowing that we are in God's perfect will than to step out and put ourselves in a situation that He didn't lead us into.

Sometimes this way of living requires great patience and endurance. But the reward (the eternal reward that is) will be far greater than we can comprehend! Praise God! And it's comforting to know that God understands and cares enough to help us endure by sending little blessings like Emily!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the Mercy Me CD Coming Up To Breathe check out two song: "Hold Fast" and "Bring The Rain" they helped me get through a lot of junk.